Home · News · FAQ · Forums · Privacy Policy · Members List · Contact June 22 2018 15:51:42
Login

Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Games
Manic Miner
Blagger
Jet Set Willy
Crossroads II
The Brick Maze
Escape From ASCII Castle
Third-party showcase
Mountain Party
The Pyramid Maze
Many more...
Other things
Hangman
Delphi Tips/Tutorials
Word Search Generator
Last Seen Users
whammydiver08:01:41
tophambeauclerc17:21:14
libteen18:56:13
kelltaire23:30:29
willy7 1 day
sebahtstian 1 day
discusb 1 day
gascoyne 3 days
andrewbroad 5 days
mickheaton 6 days
matt 1 week
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

libteen
17 June 2018
I need more lives on manic miner aaaarg

matt
09 June 2018
Hopefully it was just a temporary blip... Crossroads seems to be working now!

gascoyne
25 May 2018
Crossroads seems to have stopped working.

matt
20 November 2017
Having trouble playing the Java games? You'll probably need to use Internet Explorer - Firefox and Chrome no longer support Java. http://www.darnkitty.com/
java-help.php

megawolt
24 January 2017
Hi, guys! Nice to see you still playing here, it is hard to understand the kind of hobby)) but it is great

michael57
26 November 2016
CINDERELLA AIDAN

flakothedog
25 September 2016
Been a while (3 years). Good to see the all-time records are still going strong.

matt
14 May 2016
JAVA problems? Games won't load? Please go here: http://www.darnkitty.com/
java-help.php

xzavierg
05 April 2016
im the best the king of the brick maze

frankef
27 September 2015
hello

megawolt
11 August 2015
Back to second division battles))

gascoyne
21 March 2015
Back from hols & I see the top of the table battle has been hotting up....work to do!

slimboats
20 March 2015
That manic miners quite a cool game, its good fun!

jetsetdanny
16 March 2015
Thanks, discusb!

discusb
15 March 2015
Hats off to you sir.

Shoutbox Archive
View Thread
darnkitty.com Flash Games and Retro Remakes | Specific games | Forums for specific games
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>
Author RE: Jet Set Willy forum
matt
Super Administrator

Posted on 01-09-2009 01:51
Andrew's right. There's some rooms in the house that even Maria doesn't know about
www.g2-tech.co.uk
andrewbroad

Posted on 01-09-2009 02:42
That's a lovely way of putting it!
andrewbroad
kopasznyaku

Posted on 26-09-2009 23:31
YES!!

Jet Set Willy has now been completed on the Normal mode here.
jezza

Posted on 05-10-2009 00:58
Hello,

Just found an infinite death place in the orangery. There's a ledge to the right of where the blue hexagon starts. if you step out to the left on that ledge when the hexagon is below you and jump to the left so that you fall into the swimming pool, then you'll die when you land in the pool and start in the same position where you jumped from. But since this is the same place where the hexagon starts from, then you imediately die again ... and again.

One other thing, i'm loving the idea of the extra rooms down the toilet and extra objects etc, but has anyone managed to get all of the extra objects yet? I've only managed 2 and i can see 3 more but cannot figure out how to get them?

But overall, just completing the regular objects, albeit on endurance mode with a time of about 4 hours had resolved a long unfulfilled part of my childhood. I can finally grow up!

thanks.
matt
Super Administrator

Posted on 05-10-2009 10:35
Hi Jezza! Thanks for your detailed description of the infinite death scenario. I'll definitely seek to remove this one. I'm glad you like the game.
www.g2-tech.co.uk
Author RE: Infinite death in The Orangery
andrewbroad

Posted on 05-10-2009 20:27
It sounds very much like a JSW II infinite-death scenario, where Willy resumes at the start-position of a guardian. By what logic could it be eliminated?

The standard JSW II fix is to make Willy invincible for a few seconds, but this violates the spirit of JSW, as it may allow the player to circumvent a challenge that the author wished to enforce.

I would prefer Willy to resume at the previous place he stood before he stood at the start-position of a guardian.

Edited by andrewbroad on 05-10-2009 20:28
andrewbroad
jezza

Posted on 05-10-2009 22:57
that's the best solution i can think of. You'd start on the same platform you jumped off of, it wouldn't spoil the game play at all that you'd be on the platform safe rather than sticking out of the side of it. The original game would have had us falling from the top of the screen again, so no purist can argue this isn't a worthy compromise.
matt
Super Administrator

Posted on 05-10-2009 23:02
I hard-code situations like that. There's a couple of places I do it already, A Bit of Tree and West Wing Bedroom are two places off the top of my head where I do it as well.
Basically, if Willy "respawns" on some particular block, move him one space to the right or left. That way I don't have to resort to invincibility and it doesn't allow the player to circumvent any challenges. But it does mean that potentially I miss some, like The Orangery for instance.
www.g2-tech.co.uk
andrewbroad

Posted on 29-10-2009 01:38
I encountered "Failed to submit score." when trying to submit a JSW Normal Mode score a few minutes ago. It occurred every time I tried to resubmit, even though I successfully submitted a Manic Miner score between attempts.

Edited by andrewbroad on 29-10-2009 01:47
andrewbroad
matt
Super Administrator

Posted on 29-10-2009 13:22
Hi Andrew, the Java games (e.g. Jet Set Willy) run on a different server to the flash games (e.g. Manic Miner) due to Java being extremely particular about security settings - hence why you may have been able to submit scores for one game but not the other at the same time.

I see you're able to submit now, perhaps the Java server was uncontactable for a short period of time. If you encounter any further problems please let me know privately and I'll be happy to help.
www.g2-tech.co.uk
jongtfc

Posted on 09-11-2009 12:59
Just finished endurance - hard work!!

Does this version have the attic bug? - i entered ....Quirkafleeg after the Attic and no death.

Also, is it me, or does the icon at the Beach count as two? Was this the case in the orginal. Anyway, fantastic work - cheers!
matt
Super Administrator

Posted on 09-11-2009 16:35
I'm glad you enjoyed the game!

When writing this remake, it was very tempting to put in the Attic Bug, however I decided not to. I read that the Attic Bug makes the game impossible, and I also read to the contrary that the game can still be completed despite the Attic Bug; since I wasn't sure I decided to leave it out.

The item in the beach does count as two - this was indeed brought over from the original.
www.g2-tech.co.uk
Author RE: The Attic-Bug
andrewbroad

Posted on 09-11-2009 21:22
The Attic-Bug is caused by an out-of-range arrow in "The Attic" that is 'drawn' over parts of the Guardian-Class Table instead of the screen, creating invalid guardians that kill you when you enter the rooms they're in.

If you don't enter "The Attic" until you've collected all the items, then it is possible to get to "Master Bedroom" without entering any corrupted rooms.

But the Attic-Bug is one of the four bugs that were fixed by the official Software Projects pokes. The other three bugs do make the game impossible to complete, and it is most unusual to encounter a version of Jet Set Willy with only one, two or three of these bugs fixed.
andrewbroad
jongtfc

Posted on 10-11-2009 12:14
Is the Banyan tree only navigatable (if that's even a word) east to north? i.e. going from the nightmare room to a bit of tree?
jongtfc

Posted on 10-11-2009 12:19
Any hints on how to find some more secret rooms? I've accessed

Now Your In It
To Thy Grave
Drinking Vater

and that's it so far.
Author Re: The Banyan Tree / Secret rooms
andrewbroad

Posted on 10-11-2009 22:03
1. The word you're looking for is "navigable".

2. When the Banyan-Tree Bug is fixed, it becomes possible to climb up the right-hand side of The Banyan Tree, and to cross the room from left to right.

3. I don't know if I should be giving away secrets, so I'll just say that it's worth going over every room with a fine-toothed comb, looking for hidden exits.

Edited by andrewbroad on 10-11-2009 22:04
andrewbroad
flakothedog

Posted on 11-11-2009 20:08
Awesome game. I've been playing frequently (almost daily) for weeks now and am thoroughly enjoying the nostalgia trip. I like the way you've decided to make it as faithful to the original as possible, but removed the frustrating repeated-death-until-game-over-due-to-one-careless-key-press scenarios that plagued my childhood.
http://www.tilepile.org
vegasrudeboy

Posted on 28-12-2009 08:18
jongtfc wrote:
Any hints on how to find some more secret rooms? I've accessed

Now Your In It
To Thy Grave
Drinking Vater

and that's it so far.

Look up in the top right of the bathroom, there's a little red dot. Jump up there for the Trophy Cabinet and about 6 other rooms. That's all I've found so far.
flakothedog

Posted on 29-12-2009 16:57
Have a thorough look at the JSW map - the author has left several hints about where the secret rooms are. Sometimes you'll see a "??" showing where rooms are, other times there are comments by matt saying things like "there are rumours [room name] is haunted..." which means there's a secret passage in that room somewhere. Not all walls are solid - you can walk through some of them.
http://www.tilepile.org
vegasrudeboy

Posted on 01-01-2010 10:55
Naah, that's too much like work. You could point out a few more if you feel like being generous.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > >>

Current high scores    

Manic Miner 
 discusb58997 
 tophambeauclerc35265 
 gascoyne35062 
 mickheaton32739 
 whammydiver27156 
 libteen21816 
 ramski13426 
 more...  
  Crossroads II